Check JAMB result 2020 with SMS, is it possible? Yes, this method was introduced by the JAMB registrar, Professor Ishaq in the UTME/DE 2019 examination, where candidates are given the option of quickly checking their result via SMS.
It’s no longer breaking news that the joint admission and Matriculation board jamb has decided to finally release candidates’ results online after the examination ended. Candidates who participated in the 2020 JAMB examination can easily check their performance grades without going online.
After the 2020 examination ended, millions of candidates (According to the statistics released by JAMB, 2.1 million candidates registered for the examination) were worried and wondered what’s the problem and if everything is alright with the just concluded examination.
Surely, you are now aware that there are various and diverse methods candidates can use in checking their results online, However, the easiest of these methods is the SMS/text messages, where you can get your result by sending Result to the official JAMB shortcode, 55019.
Now you’ve known everything you need to know about checking your result via SMS, here is how to send the SMS in the right formats so as not to get a rejection or failure in response along the line and loss your N50.
How to Check JAMB 2020 Result With SMS via 55019?
- First, you need to have Fifty Naira (N50) and above in your Simcard before JAMB will reply you with your result.
- Secondly, go to your message, click on Create a new message and Type RESULT
- Send it to 55019
- Wait for few few minutes to get a response.
- SMS charges is 50 naira.
- Note that JAMB will only send your result to you if you used the sim card you used for registration to send this message.
Important JAMB Instructions.
- All candidates who want to check their result should just send RESULT as SMS, to 55019 using the same phone number that was used for their JAMB registration.
- Once you carefully follow the steps provided here, your result will be sent as a reply via SMS shortly after.
If you did not get your result after sending Result to 55019, you can also use this method.
Type ‘RESULT’ followed by the candidate’s surname, first name, and middle name to 55019. However, you should note that millions of other candidates are trying to know their JAMB score, so you are not guaranteed to get your result sent back immediately. You should exercise some patients.
Reasons Why JAMB didn’t send my result back?
Some candidates are already complaining that the JAMB 55019 shortcode is not working for them. Well, there are some possible reasons why you couldn’t get your result which I am going to explain here.
- First, the major cause and common mistake why JAMB didn’t send your result or replied to your SMS is phone number. Make sure you are using the same SIMcard you used in registering JAMB and your profile.
- Ensure that the SIM has a minimum balance of 50 Naira because that is the charge.
- Ensure you type the word RESULT in capital alphabets when sending it to 55019.
I want to check my jamb result via JAMB portal 2020.
However, 2020 candidates who insists on using the JAMB result checker portal to check their results, should use this guide. There are numerous reasons why using the JAMB result checking portal to check your result is important.
It shows your score of each of the four subjects you choose and also provides you the option to print out your result.
Finally, I would love to note here that all 2020 UTME and DE candidates who were able to check their result via 55019 shortcode, should endeavor to confirm their result through the JAMB portal.