The 2023 WAEC result has officially been released and published online. Candidates who sat for the WAEC examination can check their scores using the guideline provided below.
However, if you’re about to register for admission examinations like JAMB, most Polytechnics and Universities have made it mandatory that you upload your WAEC result printout, before admission.
I have over three (3) working methods on how to check your WAEC result using your phone.
How to check WAEC result on your phone using your Smart Identity Card.
Previous candidates finds it difficult to check their WAEC result, because you must purchase a physical scratch card. However, with the new update, checking your WAEC result doesn’t require buying a physical scratch card.
You can check your WAEC result by using the Result Checker PIN and Serial Number on your Smart Identity Card. Note that all candidates who successfully registered for the WAEC examination will be issued a Smart Identity Card from your school when you’re about starting your exams.
To check your result, get your Smart Identity Card, and follow this guide below to check your WAEC result using your phone:
- Visit the WAEC portal at https://www.WAECdirect.org.
- In the first blank box, type in your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number (This is a combination of your 7-Digit centre number, followed by your 3-digit candidate number.) It’s something like: 4987654321.
- Next, Choose your Examination Year, e.g. 2023.
- Select your examination type, i.e. SCHOOL CANDIDATE RESULT or PRIVATE CANDIDATE RESULTS (for GCE WAEC candidates).
- In the image shown above, you need to type in your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in the blank box provided.
- As indicated above, type in your e-PIN Voucher Number (Serial number) in the blank column provided.
Finally, click on the “Submit” to check your WAEC result.
How to Check WAEC Result on Phone using a Separately bought checker PIN.
Candidates who sat for the WAEC exams of recent can easily check their WAEC result on their phone without the need to purchase a scratch card. Mainly because WAEC board has already provided a result checker PIN and serial number printed alongside on the smart identity card given to each candidate.
However, there are some reasons why candidates will need to to purchase a WAEC result checker PIN before checking their result. For example, if you sat for the exams before the waec board start issuing Smart Identity Card PIN to each candidates, or you misplaced it. Here are four major reasons why you may need to buy a WAEC result scratch card to check your result:
- You’ve lost your smart card and did not have the details written anywhere (Which is why it’s advisable to always snap your Smartcard with the numbers showing clearly, before using it).
- If your examination is earlier than 1999, or before the board starts issuing out smartcards to candidates.
- The print on your smartcard is somehow fade, making it impossible to see the PIN and serial numbers.
- You have likely exceed the number of checks available for your checker.
if you fall into any of the four categories mentioned above, you’ll need to visit the WAEC Request Management System portal to purchase your PIN online or an outlet selling the PIN checker.
How Much is WAEC result checker PIN?
A WAEC result checker PIN costs about ₦3,654.82 per PIN. However, we are stipulating that you should have at least, ₦4,000 Naira when going to purchase the result checker PIN.
Candidates who needs the e-PIN/result checker can easily buy it on the official WAEC Request Management System portal. The guide provided below will show you, how you can easily buy your WAEC result checker PIN:
- The first step is to visit the WAEC Request Management System portal by Clicking Here.
- A transaction reference number will automatically be assigned to you.
- Under the “Select a Request Type” option, please select “Request For Service” from the list shown to you.
- Under “Select a Request”, proceed and choose “Sale of WAEC Direct Result Checker” from the list.
- Proceed and type in your name, Telephone number and Email address in their required box as shown on your screen.
- Finally, click on the “Proceed to Online Payment” where you’ll be taken to their payment page to pay and get your WAEC result checker PIN.
How to Check your WAEC Result with SMS 2023.
Most WAEC candidates are not aware that they can easily check their result via SMS, using a phone that is not connected to the internet. You can check your WAEC result using the SMS method, if you don’t have data or you’re staying where the internet connection is not strong.
- Simply send a text message using the format below:
WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to the shortcode 32327 (MTN, Airtel and Glo subscribers), e.g. WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2023
- Please do not change the format as shown above. No spaces should be in-between the values as clearly indicated above.
- After sending the SMS, wait for a reply message from WAEC. Note that you must have at least, thirty Naira (₦30) on your simcard for it to work.
What to do When I can’t check my WAEC result using my phone?
There could be numerous reasons (as outlined below), why you may likely find it difficult checking your WAEC result using your phone. If you experience difficulties in accessing your result via sms or through the coucil’s portal, use the guide outlined below on how to solve the problem of not being able to check your WAEC result using your phone.
- Simply send the following details to WAECsupport@fleettechltd.com for verification and assistance:
- The error message you’re getting.
- The exam type.
- Your examination number.
- Exam year.
Candidates who participated in the recently concluded 2023 West African Examinations Council (WAEC) May/June WASSCE can now check their results using the two methods shared above.
As earlier disclosed, there’s no need to buy any scratch card before you can access your results. The result checker PIN and Serial Number are contained on the flip side of the candidates’ CIVAMPENS Card issued to all candidates by the WAEC board. If you have any question regarding WAEC result checker or the SMS method, do reach us through the comment box.